Pet and Animal Relief Areas at U.S. Airports
Since 2009 the Department of Transportation (DOT) has required all airlines to offer animal relief areas at airports, and assistance to those relief areas, for any passenger traveling with a service animal.
The following airports provide animal relief areas INSIDE the terminal, post-security:
- Palm Springs International Airport, CA;
- San Diego International Airport, CA;
- Fresno Yosemite International Airport, CA;
- Sea-Tac Airport, WA;
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, MN;
- Washington Dulles International Airport, VA;
- Pittsburgh International Airport, PA;
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TX;
- Detroit Metro Airport, MI;
- Asheville Regional Airport, NC;
- Fayetteville Regional Airport, NC;
- Memphis International Airport, TN.
For a complete and updated list for all United State’s airports and animal relief areas please visit the Pet Friendly Travel web site. Please note that this information can change and it is best to confirm directly with your airport of travel.